Dating denmark Høje-Taastrup sexy cam models
The district is bounded by Kongens Enghave and Vesterbro to the east, Frederiksberg to the north, Vanløse to the north-east and Hvidovre Municipality to the west, while Kalvebod Beach, the shallow-watered area just south of Copenhagen Harbour, separates it from the island of Amager to the south.
The most distinctive geographical features of the district are Valby Hill in its north-eastern corner and Harrestrup Å which marks its western boundary.
F L Smidth & Co relocated its activities to a huge site in central Valby in 1956.
In 1682, Valby had 13 farms and 25 houses with no more land than a modest garden.
The station was originally meant to serve mostly leisure trips to nearby Frederiksberg; it had a booming traffic in the railway's first years, which however dwindled as the novelty wore off. Jacobsen's son, opened his own brewery at a neighbouring site after a controversy with his father.
The station was closed in 1864 when the second main station in Copenhagen opened and the railway was rerouted through Frederiksberg station instead. Jacobsen to the site and he founded his Carlsberg Brewery in 1847 on the eastern slopes of the hill. Over the following decades both breweries grew and were later merged.
With the progressing redevelopment of the Carlsberg area into a new lively, high-density neighbourhood, this is likely to change.
Other former industrial sites are also under redevelopment and Valby is today one of the districts in Copenhagen with the fastest growing population.